Gen Con 2022 – Housing Registration Terms of Service
These Terms of Service describe the full scope of commitments between the convention operators, Gen Con LLC and its housing registration agent Q-rooms LLC (collectively referred to herein as “Management”) and the convention registrants (each a “Registrant”) booking hotel room assignments through the convention housing program. Please read the Terms of Service carefully. By requesting a hotel room assignment through the convention housing program, you (the Registrant) acknowledge that you have read and agree to these Terms of Service.
Communicable Disease Liability Waiver
Housing Registration Dates
Minimum Night Stay Restrictions
Credit Card Requirement
Hotel Deposit Requirement
Room Assignment Management
Miscellaneous Restrictions, Limitations, & No Warranty
1. Communicable Disease Liability Waiver. By booking room assignments for the Gen Con 2022 convention through Management services (i.e. the registration websites and/or call center) you acknowledge that exposure to COVID-19 and other communicable diseases is an inherent risk at any location where people are present, including the convention venue(s), hotel facilities, and local business establishments. You also acknowledge that Management and individual hotels have implemented various public health and safety protocols, and you agree to review and comply with applicable policies during your stay. You also accept sole responsibility for any health and financial consequences arising from your hotel occupancy and guestroom sharing choices, including the possibility of demonstrating proof of vaccination, quarantining in place, and/or obtaining supplemental lodging for guest separation should any room occupant become exposed and/or infected during the convention. Additionally, you release Management of liability for any harm, injury, loss of life, and/or financial damages sustained in connection with choosing to book and occupy the independently operated hotel guestrooms through our Services.
2. Housing Registration Dates. Housing registration start dates vary according to the Registrant’s group designation (Attendee, Exhibitor, etc.) assigned by Management. Housing registration closes for all groups at 11:59 pm Eastern time, Monday July 18, 2022.
3. Housing Eligibility. Eligibility to book room assignments within the convention housing program is governed by the registration policies applicable to the Registrant’s group designation.
4. Booking Method. These Terms of Service apply to all room assignments regardless of method by which the assignment request is originally submitted and subsequently modified or cancelled (i.e. online, telephone, email).
5. Minimum Night Stay Restrictions. Minimum night stay restrictions are in effect for select groups, as established under the registration policies applicable to the Registrant’s group designation. Where applicable, minimum night stay restrictions require room assignments to span a minimum number of nights and/or specific dates of the convention.
6. Credit Card Requirement. At the time of booking, room assignments must be secured with a valid credit card having an expiration date later than the convention end-date. The Registrant warrants he/she/they is either the credit card account holder or an authorized user of the credit card, and the Registrant authorizes the assessment of applicable cancellation fees and hotel deposits to the credit card on file.
7. Modification Policy. Room assignments can be modified until housing registration closes at 11:59 pm Eastern time July 18, 2022. Modifications are free of charge, provided the room assignment is not cancelled in its entirety (see Cancellation Policy below). Possible modifications include change of hotel, room type, stay dates, roommates, guest contact information, special requests such as ADA Accessible room, and credit card billing information.
8. Cancellation Policy. Immediately upon booking confirmation, all room assignments are subject to cancellation fees. Room assignments cancelled before 11:59 pm Eastern time, Monday June 13, 2022 are subject to a $50.00 USD cancellation fee per room. Room assignments cancelled after June 13, 2022 are subject to a cancellation fee equal to the nightly room rate without tax (i.e. the cost of one night stay, non-taxable, per room cancelled). Q-rooms LLC will be listed as the merchant originating the cancellation charge on the cardholder’s account statement. Cancellation fees are non-refundable.
9. Hotel Deposit Requirement. After housing registration closes on July 18, 2022 the hotel(s) will charge a non-refundable deposit in the amount of one-night stay plus tax per room assigned to issue guest reservations confirming room assignments. The non-refundable deposit also serves as the cancellation fee per room if the guest cancels the guestroom reservation after July 18, 2022.
10. Room Assignment Beneficiary. Convention room assignments are unique and personal to the Registrant (i.e. the Gen Con account holder) who booked the assignment, regardless of any persons designated as roommates. After booking confirmation, room assignments cannot be transferred, traded, or otherwise re-assigned among Registrants, and each of the room assignments originating from a Registrant’s account will remain connected to the account until housing registration closes or the room assignment is cancelled by the Registrant. After booking, only the Registrant may modify or cancel a room assignment connected to his/her/their account.
11. Miscellaneous Restrictions, Limitations, & No Warranty. NO WARRANTY OF CONVENTION ROOM ASSIGNMENTS AND HOTEL GUEST ROOM RESERVATIONS IS EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. Registering to participate in the convention does not guarantee a hotel room assignment within the convention housing program. Obtaining a convention room assignment does not guarantee a corresponding hotel reservation. When housing registration closes, Management will transfer active room assignments to the respective hotels for guestroom deposit capture and reservations issuance. If a Registrant chooses not to accept the hotel reservation issued to them, he/she/they must cancel the reservation directly with the hotel.
Beginning with guestroom deposit capture, each hotel assumes full control over its guests’ booking arrangements and lodging accommodations. Management has no oversight, control, or responsibility for the provisioning of hotel guestroom accommodations and related guest services, including but not limited to reservations handling, deposit capture, room selection and physical location, suitability of accommodations, condition of facilities, hotel guest policies, supplemental guest services pricing and fulfillment, hotel rewards program membership, and guest billing. Management’s responsibility for room assignments ends upon conveyance of guests’ booking data to the hotels, and Management’s financial liability to Registrant is limited to fees collected by Management in accordance with these Terms of Service.
Access to the online housing registration website is granted exclusively for personal usage by convention Registrants. Sharing, selling, or otherwise transferring a Registrant’s access is strictly prohibited. Unauthorized access and/or improper usage of the housing registration website will result in immediate forfeiture of housing eligibility and cancellation of room assignments at Management’s sole discretion.
Gen Con account holders are liable for any cancellation fees assessed in connection with room assignments associated with their account. If a credit card securing a room assignment is declined, the Gen Con account holder remains responsible for fee settlement.
Gen Con reserves the right to cancel without advance notice any room assignment made in violation of convention policy and/or these Terms of Service.
12. Contact Information. Gen Con housing Registrants may contact Q-rooms LLC about these Terms of Service or other booking-related matters through the following channels:
Email: email@example.com, Phone: (317) 688-1323, US Mail/Courier: Q-rooms LLC, Attn. Gen Con housing, 10624 S. Eastern Ave., Suite A-742, Henderson, NV 89052, USA.